Saturday 21 July 2012


 Family Stress Theory

In the family stress theory he theorist state that the family go through four stages when face with a crisis. These stages are crisis, disorganization, recovery and reorganization. Hill’s see them as the ABC-X model. In 1995 my family went through a sudden stressor which was very stressful. The stressor event was the death of my youngest sister in a car accident; because the stressor was sudden it causes a degree of stress on the family to the level where we was really disorganized. My dad was not working so financially we were low and they had just help me through my high school graduation. My mom and my grandfather were in the accident too and were in the hospital so we were really disorganized. After a few days of dealing with the pain we start on the part to recovery where we have to start thinking about burying our sister and prepare for mom to come home. We had visit from a lot of person who know the family many person give their support both financially and emotionally which was our community resources; along with our family resources and our individual resources we start the path to recovery. Our copping strategies were each other support, at time all four of us would sleep together in one bed just to be close to each other. After the funeral the family starts the long road to reorganization and that was a long road. First we have to a just to helping our mother who had a broken right arm.
In my view as a understand the stress theory  I view this as a negative stressor, reason been we lost a family member who cannot be replace it is not like a exam that you can do again she is gone never to return to this life  therefore the family when through a crisis-stress according to the theorist. This theory help me to understand that when there is a stress you have to try and balance work , family and personal life and cope with the stress to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment